If you have watched the TLC Extreme Couponing show you know what I'm talking about. On the show some people have enough food in their house they could live off of it for years. I WILL NOT store shampoo under my bed and cereal in my kid's closets; I just won't. I won't purchase items I won't use or need unlike TLC extreme couponers. Who needs hundreds of bags of cat treats but no cats, or shelves full of diapers but no kids? I only hope that after filming their episode they donated the items.
Let's talk about Stockpiling for Normal People in Canada
Since sales run in cycles of every 3-4 months I try to stock as much as I will use until the next sale. I have a hall closet near my kitchen that we converted into a pantry and I refill it as needed from the stockpile.
I have a set amount of space to hold my excess items, 2 shelves in the downstairs bathroom closet, a shelving unit in my storage room and a shelf above my washer and dryer. I'm going to show you my stockpile areas, what's in it and approximately how much I spent on the items.
I know, I have a lot of toilet paper. Even if I did find a good sale on right now I wouldn't buy any, I have enough. Anyone who has a large family knows you go through a lot of toilet paper!
- I paid $0.99-$1.99 for the cottonelle with this $3 Cottonelle printable coupon.
- The Royale was $2.99 with sale and a $1 manufacturer coupon
- Lifestyle cookies(for when we have diabetic visitors) 99 cents per box (old promo, B1G1Free)
- Store brand beans $0.49 cents per can (sale - 20 cent on shelf coupon)
- Campbell's soup 9 cents per can (sale 59 cents -buy 2 save $1 coupons) Some of this is going to the local Thanksgiving food drive this week
- Tuna 89 cents
- HVR dressing 99 cents with sale and coupon
- Hunts tomato sauce 79 cents with sale and coupon
- VH sauce 99 cents with sale and coupon
- Ragu 74 cents on sale and old buy 3 get 1 free promo
- Heinz beans 26 cents with sale and coupon (some for the food drive this week)
- Aunt Jamima low sugar syrup and pancake mix Free with old mail in promo at Loblaws
- Multibionta vitamins free with sale and this $10 printable coupon. Shoppers has these on for $9.99 often. I recently purchased some at Shopper's for $6.99 and the cashier took the whole $10 off for the coupon(they usually take off the $6.99 value)
- Large bottles of Tylenol and Motrin- Tylenol Arthritis $3.99 with sale and $5 printable coupon, Motrin $1.99 with sale and $5 coupon(no longer available)
- Softsoap 50 cents with sale and coupon from contacting manufacturer
- Nice and easy foam free with old facebook promo, regular N&E $3.50 with sale and coupon
- Large bag of Splenda Free with Walmart sale and coupon (no longer available)
- Kraft PB $1.99
- Secret Deodorant 32 cents each with sale and buy 3 save $5 coupon
- Old Spice deodorant 25 cents with sale and buy 2 save $3 coupon
- Ivory soap 18 large bar pack $1.22! Purchased on Clearence - an additional 50% off -50cent coupon
- Razors free from Brandsampler samples and Old Facebook promo
In my Freezer -veggies and berries either grown myself or purchased direct from the farm, 1/4 of a naturally raised, hormone free cow which will last a year, $2.79 per pound. A bit of naturally raised, hormone free 1/2 hog left purchased at $1.29/lb. I will only need to purchase a bit of chicken and this will get us through the next year.
-Cheerios- Free with old promo from September
-Old el paso kits 99cents with sale and coupon + free salsa coupon on box
-Quaker low sugar oatmeal-Free with old Loblaws mail in promo
-Catelli pasta $1 box with sale and buy 2 save $1 coupon
-Swiffer kits free from Brandsampler
-Cottonelle wipes Free from old promo
-Royale facial tissue 6 pack $2.99 with sale and coupon or 50 cents per box
-Ziploc freezer bags Free (to store my home grown fruit and veggies) with sale and old SC Johnson Printable coupon
-Finish Dishwasher Soap Free with old printable coupon promo
-Caascade and Scott towels free when cashing in SDM Optimum points
-Mott's 100% fruit juice feezies $1.44 on clearance(was $4.49) good till next summer
-Low sodium triscuits $1.50 per box with sale and in store coupon
Next I'll show you my stockpiles in the downstairs bathroom and laundry room.